It appears that you're using a severely outdated version of Safari on Windows. Many features won't work correctly, and functionality can't be guaranteed. Please try viewing this website in Edge, Mozilla, Chrome, or another modern browser. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused!Read More
Eight new murals created by 11 professional local and regional artists will be completed in Fayetteville this week as part of a new street art event debuting this year.
The event, called Sprayetteville, began on July 6 and will finish up on July 12 at various locations in downtown Fayetteville.
Artists that will paint murals during the festival include Octavio Logo, Jason Jones, Jessica Jones, Tommy Tropical, Matt Miller, TigerSasha, Marcus Ford, Samuel Hale, EATS, and X3mex.
The event was curated by locals Loudy Bousman and Ranaga Farbiarz, founders of Shaman Art and owners of American Shaman Kava Bar just off Dickson Street.
Farbiarz said the event was originally scheduled for the spring, but was postponed indefinitely because of COVID-19. After a lot of thought, they decided it might be a perfect time for this type of event.
“We realized this type of event might be perfect for these times,” he said. “The murals are all outdoors, and can be enjoyed while social distancing.”
The murals are located on various walls around Fayetteville (see the full list below), and are all expected to be finished this week.
Those who’d like to check them out in person can participate in a “walking and biking wall crawl” utilizing the RideWithGMS app, which will give turn-by-turn directions to all the murals, and allow locals to ‘check-in’ at each of the murals via QR codes located at each location for a chance to win prizes.
For a bit more information, visit sprayettevillestreetart.com.
– Free Geek eRecycling (521 W. Ash St.), featuring artists EATS & X3mex
– Starlight Skatium (612 N. College Ave.), featuring artist Tommy Tropical-
– Dickson St. Bookstore (325 W.Dickson St.), featuring artists Jason Jones & Jessica Jones
– Grubs (220 N. West Ave.), featuring artist Octavio Logo
– Gearhead Outfitters (608 W. Dickson St.), featuring artist Compost Pile
– B-Unlimited (612 W. Center St.), featuring artist TigerSasha and Marcus Ford
– 26 West Center (26 W. Center St.), featuring artist Matt Miller
– Wash-a-Rama (549 W. 15th St.), featuring artist Samuel Hale
Sign up for our weekly e-news.
Get stories sent straight to your inbox!
Sign up for
Sign up for weekly e-news!