It appears that you're using a severely outdated version of Safari on Windows. Many features won't work correctly, and functionality can't be guaranteed. Please try viewing this website in Edge, Mozilla, Chrome, or another modern browser. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused!Read More
There are no interstate highways leading here. In fact, there are no four-lane highways. But the drive into town is quickly rewarded when you discover what all Magnolia has to offer.
Nestled into the southwest portion of the state, you will quickly find that Magnolia has all you need to make your family feel at home. The just over 12,000 people in this small town are friendly and welcoming, and everything you need is within reach.
1. We start with the unique shopping district of Magnolia. You won’t find your big name stores in town, but you will find many locally owned shops. The downtown square is the heart of the shopping district and features a variety of items to meet your needs. Whether you are shopping for clothing for your family, items for your home, or just want to sit and have a meal, the Magnolia square has all you need. Each store on the square is locally owned and the shop owners are ready to get to know you and welcome you over and over again.
2. Education is a top priority in Magnolia, and the school systems are proof of such. The Magnolia School District features four campuses for children in grades kindergarten through high school. Magnolia graduates boast over two million in scholarships each year. Columbia Christian School also educates kids in kindergarten through high school and has become a staple in the Magnolia community. After graduation, Magnolia offers Southern Arkansas University – home of the Muleriders. Numerous degree programs, highly ranked sports programs, and an abundance of campus activities makes staying in Magnolia after graduation easy.
3. Healthcare is always a priority when looking at a town, and Magnolia is proud of the healthcare system in place. Magnolia Regional Medical Center opened a new state-of-the-art facility in 2010, and serves as the heart of area healthcare. The medical center also serves as a teaching facility for the UAMS Rural Training Program – a physician residency program. In addition, the numerous primary care physicians, dentists, therapy programs, and so much more strive to provide the highest level of healthcare in the area.
4. Industry is also a spotlight in Magnolia. Much of the population finds employment at Southern Aluminum, Albemarle, Commercial Metals, and other industries that call Magnolia home. These companies not only ship their products worldwide, but they are key players in the lifestyle that is Magnolia.
5. And last, but not least, be prepared to have fun while you are here. Magnolia is the home to four city parks, as well as Logoly State Park. The local Boys & Girls Club offers organized sports for kids of all ages, or kids can join one of the many independent sports programs available locally. Golfers can make themselves at home at the Magnolia Country Club, while the fishermen of the family can spend the day on Lake Columbia. Deer hunting and duck hunting are also widely available within the county. If you are more into the arts, the Magnolia Arts Center features theater productions, art shows, and classes of all types for your family.
So bring your family and plan to stay a while. Magnolia is the ideal location for raising your family and enjoying your retirement. We look forward to meeting you!
Sign up for our weekly e-news.
Get stories sent straight to your inbox!
Sign up for
Sign up for weekly e-news!